AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No fly zones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 9/18/2019 09:50 (#7741160)
Subject: No fly zones

southern MN
So how do the new models of drones handle the no fly zones these days? If you look at the link (I’ll include a pic too) it looks like about half the airspace is some form of no fly zone any more.

http://knowbeforeyoufly.org/air-space-map/

Was flying my old P3 drone looking at some road construction, flew towards town and all of a sudden it told me it was going to land, I was into a restricted zone. Looking at the map now a year later it looks like I might have been getting near the detox facility, guess we need to protect the drunks. Anyhow, how is that dealt with these days? I was not happy my drone wanted to land across the river in an unknown area, I was able to back it up and the message went away but kinda turned me off to going around flying other places any more.

Corner of my farm is 5.05 miles from the airport, so a caution circle is really close to me.

I would think the newer drones would have even more built in no flying allowed restrictions? Is that switchable or recorded and sent in to them or what?

Paul

Edited by paul the original 9/18/2019 09:52

(CA054615-CAD5-46D6-A965-15794154F86D (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CA054615-CAD5-46D6-A965-15794154F86D (full).jpeg (111KB - 791 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)