AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Viewing websites with mobile browsers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

JoshA
Posted 2/27/2009 00:48 (#624591 - in reply to #623055)
Subject: Yes there is!!!

Alberta, Canada
Yes there is! It's called a Storm! (Blackberry)

I've had my Storm since December 31.

I seriously looked at the iPhone (I hate it being miss-typed btw...) for the few months it came out before the Storm, but hearing the Storm was coming I waited. Held them side by side, used them side by side, and can attest that the Storm is not the "iPhone killer". But, it is definitely its competitor, its equal. I like both, a lot, but I couldn't type worth a damn on the iPhone. Much, MUCH better with the Storm.

However, I'm still not sure how well the Storm will hold up on a farm long term, though probably just as good as any other Blackberry. So far mine has held up well, despite being dropped a few times, or used with grease-covered hands in the shop. The only problems I've had is that it freezes on occasion, and I have to take the battery out and re-start it. Sometimes the screen goes snowy when it freezes, sometimes not.

Dad had a Palm Treo for the past 2.5 years, just got a Curve last week. I have to say, I REALLY don't like non-Storm Blackberries. Between Dad's Curve, my friends' Pearls, another's Bold, after being able to actually "click" (touch) what I want, they kinda suck...... no offense RIM.

I have 2 friends with iPhones so I've gotten to play with them a bit more too. Both the Storm and iPhone have a couple unique features that I like, and I won't badmouth the iPhone. Other than a bit difficult to accurately type on, I have no complaints on it. The App Store /feature is definitely fantastic, though the Storm has quite a few apps as well, even "Themes" (skins).

As for browsing on the Storm, it has a full HTML browser. This means that sites like AgTalk (which I frequent on my phone, as well as HayTalk, which is slightly less HTML) load completely identical to the way it would on a computer. Only difference is that in order for my poor eyes to read the text, I have more scrolling (left-to-right as well as up-and-down) than with the computer. Or, I can change the viewing format so it fits to my screen width so I only have vertical scrolling. The only downside is I spend way too much time on my Crackberry, and even more time viewing AgTalk than ever. It's a curse.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)