AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any other E plants piling corn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 7/12/2019 08:15 (#7610316 - in reply to #7610199)
Subject: According to sources.. a couple have shut down.

Not naming names.. but according to industry sources I know of 2 or 3 now that have shut down.  Primarily in that Eastern Hot basis belt.

"all in" margins according to DTN are negative to the tune of $0.60 a gallon.

Out here.. our saving grace is that a lot are still grinding Sorghum which can be bought well under $4.00.. closest terminal is bidding $3.65 so that works..

NW Kansas is bidding $3.99 for corn right now.. and they got a couple mountain ranges of ground piles to work through the last time I was through there.. and there's some piles of sorghum down south.. so.

Margins are probably better here.. but I don't see how they can make anything north of $4.25 corn work in this environment..

fwiw.

Soybean meal is a better buy at current prices than DDGs.. making it tough.. then again.. if Corn is expensive.. so is feed.. so..???

Local conditions rule.

Locally the dryland corn has pollinated.. Kansas is probably going to have a RECORD corn crop..  I wouldn't surprise me if we put over 6 million acres in.. Personally I flexed 67% of our intended full season soybeans to corn.. as did others.

We have more Cotton than Soybeans.. and more than twice the amount of Corn.. or Triple than Cotton and Soybeans combined..  yup.. probably triple.. maybe more..

It's the Most Corn acres EVER here locally.. 

fwiw.

I planted Corn till June 20th.. there were some still planting corn not far from here this week.

Edited by JonSCKs 7/12/2019 08:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)