AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best 15’ batwing for the$
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

StxPecans
Posted 7/11/2019 18:12 (#7609272 - in reply to #7609253)
Subject: RE: Best 15’ batwing for the$

I got a modern ag raptorrr has big gear boxes and drivelines and when compairing specs it was the same as much more expensive units. Has held up well but time will tell. It has mowed alot of 4 to 5 inch brush and had alot of 6invh and bigger logs go through it. Does not leave the prettiest cut and does windrow bit it has taken some abuse and still looks new.

Think it was 14k new.

In 3 years it has probably mowed 3k acres. Have had wheel bearing failures not sure why but other than that only failure.
Oh also sheered a bolt on the tounge recently but I did hook a chain to shredder to pull out tractor/sprayer from the mud. Not really theshredders fault.
Have had different brands this one is heavy on the tounge and has metal thrughout the unit. Pulls harder than a woods 3180.

Thinking about it more maybe moreacres than what I stated. It's has mowed alot of country with no real issues. We road it alot. There isn't any metal peace like the hydralic hose holder or guard that just looks or feels cheap. Everything is made out o heavy enough steel

One complaint is the jack, it has a bulldog Jack and it is not really big enough it's a heavy shreader.

Edited by StxPecans 7/11/2019 18:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)