AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding an events calendar to a website?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 2/22/2009 18:47 (#618956 - in reply to #618090)
Subject: Re: Thanks all!

Southeast Wyoming

I like the idea of keeping all the data on one server where the webmaster has more local control; but the Google option may be the most simple to setup and maintain.

Torn & Hayburner, have you worked with vcalendar?  I like the look of that but I'm not sure how hard the installation and maintenance would be.  I have IIS and mySQL running on this computer for some other site study work.  I'm running asp files but have only touched the surface when it comes to understanding them.  I do no have php loaded on this computer.

I see that the asp version of vcalendar is written for MSAccess, but says it does not require MSAccess.  The church website will not be very demanding and may not require the power of mySQL.  Do you guys think that MSAccess would handle vcalendar okay?  There is enough different between MSAccess and mySQL to probably require some code hacking to interchange them.

I have a large php/mySQL reference book on the shelf but have not found the time to study it.  Does vcalendar require much php or asp knowledge for proper installation.  Once installed, can a novice maintain the calendar?

Thanks again for the help! 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)