AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some tax "stuff"........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jakescia
Posted 2/21/2009 15:45 (#617516)
Subject: Some tax "stuff"........

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

Just received some summaries of some of the tax items in the "Most Recent Stimulus Bill".................lots of goodies in there.

One item that caught my attention is..........first time home owners (not owned for 3 years, as I recall).......8000 of refundable taxes for purchasing residence in 01/01/09------12/01/09.  No payback unless early sale of house....................

AND.........can be obtained thru 2008 tax return.............so, if put the return on extension until newbe makes up their mind, taxpayer can get the money NOW.

Another item.........especially for the bulk of the Iowa guys.........make sure the "Midwestern Disaster Relief" phrase appears on your returns where appropriate.....one item related to that--------allows expanded eductional credits in terms of amount of credit, and items includible as subject to credit.

Lots of stuff...........don't let your preparers get lazy on this law change.

So many items that affect things NOW that I would bet the CPA educational "networks" will have an update course within a short period of time, as compared to waiting until fall like usual.

Edited by jakescia 2/21/2009 15:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)