AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Verdict drift potential
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 6/25/2019 22:55 (#7582062 - in reply to #7581938)
Subject: RE: Verdict drift potential

Southeast Colorado
You still have corn not emerged? Thought I was the only loony one in that situation.

If you have weeds and want the Verdict to really kick butt.............I'd highly recommend using liquid N as your carrier. That dang Sharpen part of the Verdict works great on small weeds. But if they get any size to them............like Kochia over 4" tall...........you'll initially think you nailed them...........only it'll leave one or two leaves alive and they come back. Now throw in 10 gallons of 32% N instead of water and it'll take down a 12" Kochia really good. Have to pay for the N so maybe that doesn't fit your plan.............but just thought you ought to know ahead of time what to expect out of your chemical choice. If you're only after pigweeds then I'd bet you'll be fine with just water.

I haven't used a lot of Paraquat in the past but have sprayed quite a bit these last few weeks (about 1500 acres). I'm extremely happy with my results. I am using regular flat fan spray nozzles and am putting 15 gpa at 35 psi. I've used my brain with regards to wind direction and velocity and am not seeing drifting problems. Maybe I'm just lucky?? I've certainly seen some damage in the neighborhood by others.

Edited by tmrand 6/26/2019 07:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)