AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LED upgrade for florescent fixtures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

junk fun
Posted 6/25/2019 08:31 (#7580648 - in reply to #7579815)
Subject: RE: LED upgrade for florescent fixtures

Wisconsin
If you have the old T 12 style bulbs that are 1" diameter, then you can easily rewire without the ballast to single ended direct wire ballast bypass bulbs from one end, or double ended with both ends wired up. If you have T 8 bulbs that are like 3/4" diameter, then you can rewire to double ended, or you'd have to replace the "tombstone" to use single ended bulbs. T 8 tombstones, the little white part that holds the end of the bulb, are only wired with one wire, so you'd need to replace one tombstone to wire for single end powered bulbs.

I thought single ended was simplest, and would become the standard. Someone on here disagreed, and said double ended is the standard. I can't find anything that would prove it either way, like overwhelming sales numbers. VHS or BETA, take your pick, sorry, that should be Deere or Pioneer hydraulic couplers. It's probably not that big a deal, both styles will be around, as long as you know what you have and stick with one style or the other, so you don't get confused.

I bought the tubes off amazon, some of them "used"/returns, there were a couple packs with broken bulbs, but they made it right.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)