AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can you identify this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/22/2019 10:12 (#7574647 - in reply to #7574616)
Subject: RE: Can you identify this?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Most around here were the MM's. The model designation as I remember were the E which turned into the 1200 and then the 1210. The D was the smaller model. I also worked for a MM dealer during my college days installing Love and Hart-Carter floating bars on bean heads etc. I only remember of one new sheller as I believe it was the last one the dealership sold. The drag chain was rolled up and tied together with wire. We were going to unroll it and put it on each drag section for the customer. Once we released the wire and tried moving the chain around we found that it decoupled itself very easily and we had a mess.

One custom operator in the next town had a Deere sheller on a truck. He had a winch arrangement to help load the drags on the racks on the side of the truck. He also had a device called the "Hired Hand". This was a homemade gadget that was to rake the corn out of the crib into the drag. It had a gas engine and rested on a pair of wheels. A roller chain with some tines on it was supposed to help rake the corn. The thing was actually dangerous as if it caught on the floor or some obstruction it would jump all over the place. Whether it actually saved any labor was debatable.

Edited by tedbear 6/22/2019 10:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)