AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spray Tips for dicamba
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 6/21/2019 23:18 (#7574016 - in reply to #7573886)
Subject: RE: Spray Tips for dicamba

n.c.iowa
No guarantees, but in like all things, some stuff works better than others, but maybe it’s like bugkiller says, nothing works ........

I do have story that somewhat dovetails into this. In the first year of extendimax use here as everyone well knows, DRA’s were a big part of the recommendation to be used when spraying soybeans with dicamba, so with the supposed importance of this component I supposed that all parties involved had tested the various products on effectiveness.

With that being said the most used DRA in our area has a polyacrylamide base, anybody in the business knows that poly acrylamides have a problem with pump shear, and it was something I thought I ran into when spraying extendimax, and actually brought it up, but nobody thought I had a legitimate gripe, why would they sell it if it didn’t work?

Sooo in our dicamba training this year one of the co-presenters is a interesting fellow that’s been in the chemical rep business for many years, just been with his present employer a few years. Anyway he’s a quick talking silver tongue type of guy, kinda guy that’s hard to get ahead of in a discussion.

So anyway we are at this meeting, and it’s like let’s get this over with so we can do something else, he comes over after the meeting to razz me alittle because I may have started snoring. So after the obligatory razzing he asks if I got anything out of the meeting, “no, not really, same ol’ lies”. He rolled his eyes and asked if I had any questions that he could possibly answer, still thinking about DRA questions I had that never really got answered, I decided to see if these clowns might have any insight into this. So directly asked him about this particular DRA and my thoughts regarding it, and why I thought that way. He kinda got glitter in his eye and alittle crooked smile, and said,” i’m Glad you brought it up, in our testing it was one of the worst DRA’s we tested”.

Now I couldn’t tell if he was blowing smoke out his ventral pore, but I said,”good god man i’m not the smartest guy in the world, but if you have this kinda info why in the heck aren’t you getting the word out”?

All he could say is “politics, Johnny, politics”. The most bizarre thing i’ve encountered in awhile.

Edited by johnny skeptical 6/22/2019 09:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)