AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rain ill how much
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WIJDW
Posted 6/21/2019 21:56 (#7573867 - in reply to #7573525)
Subject: RE: rain ill how much

illinidirtfarmer - 6/21/2019 19:38

Not that far from you, in SE corner of Hancock County, I think we’re at 28” since April 1.Between us it has probably rained 35”.

You might be right as it seems we've missed some bigger rains to our South. One example was on June 6, was putting in the school bean plot and you could see the Hamilton area had a cell that just seemed to not be going anywhere. Started hearing reports of water over the road between Hamilton and Keokuk. Was anxious to get done, but plot work doesn't always go so fast, and as we got close could see and hear a big storm now to our North. No more than got done when it started raining with the wind coming up. Then hail before I could get home, which is only a half mile, with almost zero visibility on the road. Little did I know at this same time a suspected tornado 1 mile to our N. was tearing apart a couple barns. Was over in maybe 15 minutes, and that was the 1.9" rain that week. Went back to get another tractor I had at the plot, and water was running hard between the tires and a few feet on either side. It's been kinda crazy, and feel like one of the fortunate ones that it hasn't been worse.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)