AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quick read in Successful Farming about Vets,...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 6/20/2019 14:34 (#7570800 - in reply to #7570583)
Subject: RE: Quick read in Successful Farming about Vets,...

SE Manitoba
Russ In Idaho - 6/20/2019 12:28

https://www.agriculture.com/livestock/call-the-vet-rural-veterinary-... They pretty much hit the nail on the head. #13 in the article sums it up, this is what's needs to be change in order to keep large animal vets around. I have more thoughts on veterinary schools and their admission policies, but I won't get into that.

Interesting article. Found some of the points accurate and others not so much.

My suggestion would be that everyone who graduates from a vet school have their income reviewed.
If 50.1% of their income is from food animal practice (notice I dropped the horsey crowd although I would include working horses (like real cowboy stuff)) then the get taxed as normal.
Less than 50.1% down to 35% or less of income from food animal practice well they get to pay an additional 5% taxes with funds going directly to vet schools.
Less than 35% of income from food animal practice then they get to pay 10% extra taxes.

For the puppy and kitty vet crowd - - - - an extra 12.5% taxes.
Program expenses would be limited to maximum of 7.5% of incoming funds.

My personal frustration is that it used to be a partnership between the vet and the farmer - - - the care of the animal.
Today - - - well farmers are these knuckle draggers and the vets always know everything - - - - even when they don't know anything!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)