AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Educate me on hay tarps.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 6/19/2019 14:51 (#7568624 - in reply to #7568586)
Subject: RE: Educate me on hay tarps.

SE Manitoba
sparrell - 6/19/2019 14:22

It looks like I will have excess hay this year, not enough room to put it all under roof. Can’t see storing them outside uncovered with how much rain we’ve been getting the past few years.

Please educate me on hay tarps. Probably looking to cover 4x5.5 net wrapped rounds. Usually stack two on bottom row on pallets and then one on top between the two on the bottom.

Do they work? Where to buy? What size for how I’d stack them? How do you secure the tarp 100% from blowing off?

Thanks

Depends, billboardtarps.com, depends and carefully.

Tarps work - - - how long they work depends upon quality - - - thickness of the material.
Lots of sources - - - listed is one that can be reasonable but ymmv!
Me I was stacking 5 x 6 rounds 3 high with the bottom 2 on the flat and the top like from the baler. The further the tarp comes down on the top bale the better the system sheds water.
One issue with tarping 2 rows together is catching rain in between the rows up top.
Might be easier to tarp the rows one row at a time - - - that would depend upon space and $$$$.
I used heavy twine (form high density 3 x 4 square bales and ran a small piece of tubing into the bottom pocket on the used tarp cut a notch above the tubing and tied the tubing down.
If you keep the tarp from flapping it works very well. If you don't - - - - not so much.
Solid consistent bales help matters a huge amount.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)