AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is the old saying of what the 1st day of a season change ,
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 6/19/2019 19:57 (#7569126 - in reply to #7568313)
Subject: RE: What is the old saying of what the 1st day of a season change ,

just a tish NE of central ND
Folklor is mostly entertainment for the idle times in life to be filled with thoughts that humor and make us think things out.Not a lot of it really means much of anything.Most times it just to get peoples attention and get it focused on themselves.
I know a guy who predicted each months weather on new years eve with a cut in half onion laid out in 12 pieces with the cup side up and some salt added or something like that to see which onion cup gets moisture inside of it, then predict the months precip off of whichever cup ??starts out as january and count off 12 slices, one for each month. SO< does an onion know what the weather is like? IF you bought the onion in another town from a friend who grows big onions, does that mean the onion is predicting his weather at his location and not at yours? (: LOL!
The funny part is he has to buy a farmers almanac each new year to see if he is right. All year long you hear about that onion when he gets close to is predictions. Says he has it written down but you never get to see what he has written down..The rest of the year you don't hear anything when he is wrong.. (:
A weatherman is one of the few professions that gets paid whether they are right or wrong, and even if they are wrong we all keep on listening and trusting them and paying them some more.
I'm pretty sure anything will castrate just as well any day of the year as the next.
And in loving memory of a great guy and long long deceased neighbor and good freind, who liked to tell me things like this during grain harvest as a kid, I have to add, I'm pretty sure that when the moon is tipping it might or might not be spilling rain on our world without guarantees.(: Rest in peace, Nils S.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)