AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ezsteer and Trimble 250 or?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

D21
Posted 6/23/2019 08:12 (#7576215 - in reply to #7559680)
Subject: RE: Ezsteer and Trimble 250 or?

NEMO
Guess i will be the odd man out. We love the 250 and 500s. You can hook the 250/500 to a Raven 440 with a relay so that the lightbar paints when the master switch is on, which is very handy. We also get along really well with EZ Steers. We have hydraulic steering on a couple newer tractors and it is awesome, but the EZ Steers work really nice if calibrated well and not driving crazy fast. Obviously straight lines work the best, but they can do contours as well. With the long hours we had to run to get this year's crop in having the EZ Steers while no tilling beans into corn stalks was very helpful, especially at night. We also plant our corn with an EZ Steer, but our planter and combine match so an off guess row every now and then isnt the end of the world, which is mostly due to WAAS and not the EZ Steers fault.

I will say I am not a fan of Trimble application control like EZ Boom or Field IQ. I am also not a fan of the Ag Leader Ontrac2. In a perfect world if you could run Ag Leader Direct Command and an EZ Steer with an Ag Leader display that would be a great entry level setup.

On a used system I always figure 50-60% of new cost. I believe a 250 and EZ Steer before bracket used to run about $5500 new. Just my $0.02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)