AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

should i go wild blue??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 2/19/2009 23:42 (#615941 - in reply to #614852)
Subject: Re: should i go wild blue??

I agree with what the others said...call your phone company and see if they offer DSL. Several years ago I was on dial-up, then I heard DSL was coming into my area offered by the local phone company. I called and asked them about it, and they said they were running all new fiber to their substations, and the 2-4 miles to my place over copper would be good enough for DSL. I wouldn't get max speed, but I get 700K now because that is what I pay for. I could get higher if I paid more. DSL over copper is pretty popular and phone companies all over have been offering it to make more money. Some are even offering package deals now, satellite TV, DSL, cellular, etc.

As the other poster said, if you could get cable, you should try for that also. If it were a toss-up between DSL and cable, from what I have seen, cable seems to be better, although DSL speeds have been increasing quite a bit. I don't know what cable speeds are any more.

Wild Blue? I wouldn't touch it. I never had it, but I have been reading the computer section here at AgTalk every night since I joined the forum, and I cannot remember any poster who had Wild Blue who was happy with it. The horror stories about the "Fair Use Policy" mentioned above, and how long it takes a tech to respond to repair an outage would force me to write a letter to the Attorney General to complain about bad business practices.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)