AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Master switch wiring on Rogator to AgLeader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/12/2019 09:38 (#7554792 - in reply to #7554775)
Subject: RE: Master switch wiring on Rogator to AgLeader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
LakeView - 6/12/2019 09:23

Has anyone successfully wired the floor pump switch on a Rogator sprayer into the AgLeader Direct command so you only have to use 1 switch? Currently using the floor switch and then have to turn on the master switch on the switchbox for mapping. It would be nice to tap into the floor switch so we can bypass using the toggle master switch. Anybody tried it?

Yes, this might be confusing to explain. There are two types of switch box and module arrangements that could be used. One way was a black box (Auxiliary Input Module) and a wiring harness to it using the OEM switches. Another approach is to use the SC-110 smart switch box which contains a Master and 10 sections switches as well as the circuitry that would be in the Auxiliary Input Module.

From your description I am assuming that yours is setup with the second method. I will try to attach pictures of both. If your current equipment uses the SC-110 switchbox module the expectation is that you would use its Master switch to allow spraying which would then be dictated by the sections switches that are currently ON and whether auto swath feels that the section should be ON. The mapping would follow that and not be associated with the foot switch. The Foot switch on the floor really shouldn't have any effect at all. This is the part that puzzles me. Maybe I'm thinking of a different setup.

Anyway the Master switch on the switch box should handle shutting ON/OFF the sections that are allowed and control the mapping without the use of a second switch. However it is possible to use a different switch instead of the Master switch on the switch box. This requires using some of the pins in the Brown connector which is probably not being used at the moment. By using the correct wires in the brown connector and changing the setup you can tell the system to "watch" this new Master switch instead of the Master switch on the switch box.

If you are using an Auxiliary Input Module instead the same thing can be done but there are other ways.

I'm still confused about the pump switch as you call it on the floor. I was thinking that was a Master switch and that the actual pump switch was on the console. Maybe I'm thinking of a different RoGator.

I did something like this when I had a Deere SP sprayer. I used a foot dimmer switch from an older car and mounted it on a plate that laid on the floor. The wires from the dimmer switch went to Pin 1, 2 & 3 of the brown connector. The order is important. Then I had to change the configuration so the setup watched "E1" instead of the "Master Switch". The system will then respond to the new switch and the position of the regular Master on the switch box will have no affect. Contact me my email if you wish more information.

Edited by tedbear 6/12/2019 11:06

(TedsAIM - Copy (full).JPG)

(SC110CANSwitchbox (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments TedsAIM - Copy (full).JPG (111KB - 64 downloads)
Attachments SC110CANSwitchbox (full).JPG (82KB - 58 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)