AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Everybody is important
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 6/10/2019 18:27 (#7552034 - in reply to #7550490)
Subject: RE: Everybody is important

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

Pigpiggy - 6/9/2019 21:12 Those that are out working or trying to be productive that have the capacity to work. And those that are retired etc are also important. Just wanted to share something that really tugged at my heart. Needed fuel badly while traveling through and stopped at a convenience store. Upon opening the door and stepping inside, there stood a very tiny figure of a lady who greeted me with a smile and a hello. And I mean a tiny, tiny lady. Not going to use definitions or labels of how she may be classified according to height. You can be sure she’s heard it all before. I asked her about a potential purchase in the store and she agreed that my choice of payment was acceptable. While making small talk I told her what all we do as far as farming and raising cattle & horses. What she said next with a bright smile on her tiny face really got me. She looked up at me and said, I’m just a gas station attendant. There was no con on her part. She was used to being put down for her height and then for her job. I quickly stated that everyone is important. And that I don’t put anyone down for what type job they have. What I said came from the heart and she obviously could tell. How I got out of there without tearing up I don’t know. Everybody plays a part in this world.

I did read all the responses so far. It all just pops back to that whole Golden Rule thing in my mind. You are so right.....no matter what the job is, or who the person doing it is, everyone is important and fulfills a role.  On our snowbird street in AZ, we have the most amazing crew of trash collectors. These guys all appear to be early to mid-20s, and some days I'll get up early just to watch them work our street. The truck is stopped/parked mid-block and these men have huge wheeled cans they pitch everyone's trash into to scoot it back to the truck to be loaded. They run, sing and joke the whole time they work. They love their job, or they love the fact that they have a job, whichever. I don't want to do their job, but I'm tickled that they do it and do it so well. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)