AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Harbor Freight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

teach84
Posted 6/8/2019 09:11 (#7547716 - in reply to #7547578)
Subject: RE: Harbor Freight

west-byGod-Pa.
A Harbor Freight employee told me that contractor's love their stuff. Tired of stuff "walking off"-by employees or drug addicts. Pawn shops here are loaded with brand-name beat-up tools....how much of it stolen? Contractors can buy 10 Harbor Freight power tools to one HILTI. Break on-the-job? Don't worry about warranty-just go buy 'nother. Contractor I worked for- loved their stuff. In his lifetime, he had lost two careers AND PENSIONS-to corporate theft/sell-outs. Hates corporate America with a venom. His response to me was as follows: "why should I support a greedy corporate "American", when I can buy the same thing at 25% of the cost & not feed THEIR pension? Likely made in the same factory for all I know"". He bought a $60-HF Jig Saw to replace a $160 BOSCH Jig Saw that was a poor set-up(goofy blade-hold system). HF performed much better. The HF Saw I bought was not the same, & the one I got was NOT worth the money, so, there is that. HF -SDS drill- that I bought has worked fine-no complaints. ANYTHING with a "JACOBS"-type of chuck likely will need to be replaced with an actual JACOBS chuck: (such as a drill press) . ROHTI-(German-made) chucks-ON ANYTHING-are junk.
--Oh, that $160 Bosch Jig Saw: had an aluminum "foot" on it. was dropped & broke. A new one would cost....you guessed it $160........
as others have stated...Chinese quality on many things has indeed improved
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)