AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fencing contractor and supplies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

Dennis SEND
Posted 6/8/2019 20:17 (#7548520 - in reply to #7548465)
Subject: RE: Fencing contractor and supplies

Rebuilt our pasture fence 4 years ago used all RR Ties for the corners, got ahold of a bunch of really good ones from a place that grinds ties to be used for fuel since it is a "renewal source" but anyways we showed up and guy says your in luck be just a got a rail car full in last week with some really nice ones (they pick the good one out before grinding) but anyways all of them were almost perfectly square and only 2-3 years old, according to metal plate with a date stamp on them, best we can figure a bunch of new ones got installed and then the line either got abandoned or completely rebuilt (why else would there 2-3 year old ties in the junk pile) but anyways paid $15 each and will last me a lifetime, only thing they were darn heavy they averaged about 175 pounds each after a few we ended up using the telehandler to pick them up and set them in the holes.

We also reused all the good T-post between the ones we had and ones from fences I have removed we had more than enough, they are heavier duty than brand new ones, all we had to do was buy new clips to attach the wire to the posts.

Edited by Dennis SEND 6/8/2019 20:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)