AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wayne?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

wayneNWAR
Posted 6/1/2019 09:15 (#7535246 - in reply to #7533495)
Subject: RE: Wayne?

north west arkansas
Sorry, just got a heads up about this post. I've been off the grid the last few weeks trying to salvage anything and everything we could out of the path of this wall of water we had coming down. We have exceeded all old records set back in the 40's and our river is at an all time high of 40.79' and floodstage is 22'. All my land lays right on the AR river or creeks that are affected by it so yes it's a really bad deal. We are suffering huge losses but I still have my cattle and tons of grass so I'm a lot better then others. Crop losses for most will be 100% and because of the timing of this flood and the fact it could easily last a month or so until we get the last of the water that's upstream we don't see how anything will be able to be replanted. My home and shop are both on high ground also. Sadly as cattlefeeder said there is a wall of water from him to me so this deal is gonna last a really long time. We have rain in the forcast starting tonight and lasting for a week with some of that expected to be heavy rains so we will see how that all plays out also. I've weathered a lot of bad floods but nothing like this but we will survive. It's not gonna be all fun times going ahead but we will make the most of it we can and one thing is for sure. The Lord has always been good to me and I know he will see us thru.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)