AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question on enterprise units for prevent plant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

easy
Posted 6/1/2019 06:37 (#7534987 - in reply to #7534857)
Subject: RE: Question on enterprise units for prevent plant

JRthefarmer - 5/31/2019 23:56

There are really 2 20/20 rules. 1 for enterprise, and 1 for minimum acres. You seem to reference both. If I have optional units, the 20/20 rule means I need to leave a minimum of 20% or 20ac, whichever is less to be able to collect. I would think it is the same for enterprise, but haven't actually asked. If your farm has more that 100ac of a crop, you would be able to collect if you have at least 20ac prevent plant.

To keep the enterprise eligibility, it is my understanding that I need 20/20 in 2 separate sections. 20ac in each. My agent may be wrong here, not sure.

The OP really wasn't specific enough to answer, IMO. 12ac field out of 32ac patch? Did he plant 20ac of that field? 300+ in 2 sections? one section with 275 and this 32ac field? He didn't really clarify enough.

If we use the 20/20 rule for minimum acres, assuming the 300+ is split between 2 sections and no other PP on the whole farm, he would not qualify for PP on those 12 acres as that is not 20ac or 20% of total farm. Adjuster is correct. The 6.4 ac would only come into play if he was optional, IMO.

The OP was clear about his situation, his adjuster is correct.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)