AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Next move (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 5/25/2019 16:34 (#7520558)
Subject: Next move (pics)

Driftless SW Wisconsin

I last moved the lead wire for my older cow group on Wed 5/22 as pictured in my "back to the old routine" post below. Today i opened another patch of grass for that same group. So they had 3 days on that Wed patch.

Today I let them in to the next patch but closed the wire again behind them and opened up a different route to water up ahead. This keeps them from mucking up the paddock behind them and opens a less muddy path to water. The grazed section will now have about 30 days to recover and should come back strong despite the near 100% useage of available forage. I'm trying to illustrate the simple process for rhose not familiar with rotational grazing.

Here are a couple pictures from today. I generally only have to do anything with this group every third day. My cows should be making good milk on this forage to get those May calves growing.

Edited by Jim 5/25/2019 17:36

(IMG010 Very good utilization of forage - they eat everything including a few weeds in the mix 052519 (full).jpg)

(IMG011 A mix of grasses with red clover as the legume underneath 052519 (full).jpg)

(IMG012 A mix of grasses with red clover as the legume underneath 052519 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG010 Very good utilization of forage - they eat everything including a few weeds in the mix 052519 (full).jpg (176KB - 89 downloads)
Attachments IMG011 A mix of grasses with red clover as the legume underneath 052519 (full).jpg (181KB - 75 downloads)
Attachments IMG012 A mix of grasses with red clover as the legume underneath 052519 (full).jpg (203KB - 77 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)