AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bill Moyer
Posted 5/24/2019 14:09 (#7518235 - in reply to #7517594)
Subject: Take Care before it is too late!

Coldwater, Michigan
I understand Barb!

I was thinking I was in a lot worse shape than I thought I should be. A week and a half ago I went swimming and came home just wiped out. I have been getting winded easily the last few months even though I was in the slow part of my work. So on Monday I was seeing my Diabetic Dr and went over to my Cardiologist. Had just seen him 2 weeks earlier.

I had had a stress test 1 1/2 years ago and was clean as a whistle. So he says "if we do another stress test and it comes back negative, we still won't know what is going on. How do you feel about Heart Catherization?" I replied that I hadn't had one since my By-Pass surgery 11 years ago, so hey let's do it.

I went into Borgess Hospital in Kalamazoo, Michigan yesterday and came home a little bit ago with 3 Stents! When I had a heart attack 14 years ago I learned what Heart Cath meant. 4 years later I had quadruple by-pass. Yesterday was the first time I had been back there in 11 years. I had been seeing my Cardiologist in the meantime, but had not needed to go back.

As we were leaving this morning the Dr said he was surprised we hadn't been back sooner. When we ask why, his statement was that a lot of people will be back in 5-6 years following By-Pass surgery. As he said I had been gone a lot longer than most with By-Pass surgery. One of the 4 Grafts from 11 years ago was plugged totally, and there were 2 other arteries that were getting pretty small.

Must be all the clean living I have been doing!!! Talking on NAT, and Swimming 2-3 times a week!!! If you are having issues, go see your Dr.

14 years ago when they put stents in me I told my wife that as good as I was feeling afterward I should have had a heart attack sooner! I feel really good in my chest again today. Should have done it sooner!!

Take care before it is too late..

Edited by Bill Moyer 5/24/2019 19:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)