AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts on PP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

techyman
Posted 5/24/2019 09:43 (#7517626 - in reply to #7516898)
Subject: RE: Thoughts on PP

Clay SEIA - 5/23/2019 22:49

Guess some of it depends on your level of experience with a PP situation, if it’s your first look or you’ve been in the barrel 3 or 4 times.

I can tell you this. We were in this situation in 2010, and slammed 800 acres of beans in the last three days of June. It was a home run. Stayed wet and warm, they grew like in a greenhouse, yielded very well and had $12 beans right off the combine.

We kept planting beans past June 20 in both 2011 and 2015. You ever turn the combine around because the yield monitor hits zero and it’s not worth burning any more fuel to go to the other end of the field? Well, I don’t have the stomach to take that risk again for $8 beans.

Haha I was going to confront your post with some constructive criticism until I read your last sentence...... soooo true!

And I feel like the government realizes this as well which is why they constructed the MFP payments like they did AND came out with that information RIGHT DURING PLANTING SEASON.

I think they are worried to death about these big crop insurance companies going bankrupt on a year like this. If I'm not mistaken, these companies are backed by the government. This is probably a 1 in 100 year occurence and if these companies wrote their policies to include years like this the policies wouldn't be AFFORDABLE AT ALL! So if they (the insurance companies) can't pay out, the government will. The government is thinking, "Ok would we rather pay these farmers $15 billion now and encourage them all to plant or do we want all these insurance companies going broke if they all take prevent plant and we end up paying them $100+ billion?"

Hmmmmmm can you say massive hailmary attempt by the governemnt to bailout not only the insurance companies.... but also the SEED, CHEMICAL, AND FERTILIZER COMPANIES!

Edited by techyman 5/24/2019 09:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)