AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dealer hours in delayed planting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dmpaul89
Posted 5/22/2019 13:07 (#7513092 - in reply to #7513005)
Subject: RE: Dealer hours in delayed planting

Sw. Ill
sonic - 5/22/2019 12:35

Dmpaul89 - 5/22/2019 11:15 All i needed was a simple planter part availiable at any equipment dealer. Needed it at 6pm monday. I would think that given that was the only full day of the season to plant for the year so far, that the dealers could have used their brains and stayed open a little late. Every tractor, planter, sprayer, tender, in the county was running hard in to the night. I was not able to finish corn due to this and now it looks like I will be out of the field well into june. Thanks Case and JD.
I don't think your post is 100% correct.   I bet every tractor, planter, sprayer, tender in the county was running.  I doubt that.   do you stock parts yourself.  Lot of dealers don't have that many parts in stock.   You  said you didn't get other stores, so it your partial at fault.   About your the only one that had problems running. 

Ok yes maybe not 100% that was not to be taken literally as nobody lnows that figure, but i will say I have not seen in my lifetime as many tractors running in this area at one time. Nearly every field had a tractor in it. Having one day so far fit to plant that is fact. Ove course some was planted last saturday in less than ideal conditions but very very little. So out of this year we have had about 3 days (not in a row) suitable for field work. The first day was around easter, and then we had may 18, and 20th (with rain in between) . I dont feel like im asking for much given the circumstances.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)