AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sunday night gap up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kst1
Posted 5/20/2019 09:03 (#7507384 - in reply to #7507247)
Subject: RE: What would Marty Say?

Thanks! I'm glad it worked out, this may be my profit for the year. I talked to broker about putting more on Monday afternoon and his conservative nature talked me out of it (don't go over 1 year's production....). Would have been a handy .30 made in a hurry.

The spread is still moving pretty good, depending on what Planting Progress is tonight we will probably go inverted Dec-Dec. That is what I protected. My 2020 price has around .30 added to it already.

Are you still holding a good sized long position? I have a few calls, a few overage bushels on DP, and some July length because rules are made to be broken. I'm going to start legging out of some of that today. Calls will go first, 2 strikes in the money and caught most of this move up. I have a couple of Dec-March bull spreads with the carry locked in at .11, in case I have it to store. I bot 2 Dec corn on Friday (after a 3 inch rain Thursday night....) to offset some physical sales I have on. I can't buy those out with PP because I won't have the HPO and I still owe a lot of cash rent and equipment payments....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)