AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We have 4 days to get all the corn in
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WIJDW
Posted 5/13/2019 09:50 (#7494753 - in reply to #7494583)
Subject: RE: We have 4 days to get all the corn in

For mainly psychological reasons, I'm mostly looking at the WeatherBug app instead of the WeatherChannel one.
M-Friday look a lot better there, with less details. Lol.
Anyway, be safe out there, that's one of the most important things.
My corn replant % keeps dropping as corn keeps coming up. Think I'm under 10% now on what needs to be touched up or that completely drowned out. Will be doing a lot of traveling with planter, and hope to be out there by at least Wednesday afternoon if not sooner. By then, should be able to make decent assessments from tractor on when to drop planter. Plan is to be decisive and not look back much. Kinda the Satchel Paige theory.
Hoping to start spraying beans that were drilled the last week of April maybe tomorrow afternoon. The C. rye drilled into is pretty much at a standstill, maybe knee high hopefully reducing other weeds and helping to dry out. Maybe 10% of beans cracked thru so far.
Saturday drizzled for hours, but didn't amount to anything more than a trace. Sunday, consistent sprinkling in the AM and PM, but only bout 0.25". Had a late day rainbow. Maybe it was a sign of better days ahead. You never know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)