AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJI/ IPAD
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 5/7/2019 08:49 (#7481269 - in reply to #7481242)
Subject: RE: DJI/ IPAD

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

What was my tablet of choice? Well, like the rest of my drone adventures it's a long sad story. I started by using my Android phone but heat issues and other things led me to try a cheap Android tablet. Display wasn't really bright enough on that and it did suffer some stability glitches so I decided to try an Ipad. Walmart had a special on one of the minis, so I ordered one and had it in hand. Kinda graveled me that It needed a $12 cable but I bit the bullet and bought one. Then did some research and discovered that the WiFi Ipad wouldn't really do what I wanted so that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I sent the Ipad back without opening it.
In for a penny, in for a pound so my next step was a DJI Crystal-Sky tablet. Works well on bright, hot days, excellent battery life, no special cables needed. Downsides: needs a special bracket to mount to the controller that I had to make, had to buy a ball tripod mount and modify it, had to buy another battery charger to charge the tablet batteries, and it's a few hundred dollars more than the Ipad solution.
I'm very satisfied with the Crystal-Sky and would do it again.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)