AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case Tractor-Ag Leader Steer Command
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/3/2019 06:36 (#7473528 - in reply to #7473358)
Subject: RE: Case Tractor-Ag Leader Steer Command

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have autosteer in three tractors. The switch arrangement is slightly different in all three.

Here's how the steering engage switch is handled on one of my older Deere tractors. The momentary switch was installed in a small plastic box which was attached to the side of the command arm with double faced tape. The rocker switch cover has a lens in it which could be used on a lighted switch. Since this switch is momentary, no light is involved. The rocker switch has good feedback and can be "found" quite easily by the operator's hand. This is with SteerCommand but would work fine with other systems that utilize a two wire momentary.

The toggle switch and LED is a remote switch for working with a Raven 440 and is not related to steering.

If the Command Arm on the tractor has any empty blanks for switches, the switch could be mounted through one of them. I have another tractor where it was done that way. There were no extra blanks available on the pictured tractor so the attach to the side method was used.

My newer 8310R has SteerCommand also but it works through the tractor's CAN system and must use the Deere autosteer engage switch already in the tractor.

Edited by tedbear 5/3/2019 07:16

(8310AutoSwitch (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 8310AutoSwitch (full).JPG (181KB - 27 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)