AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2600 Running 1790 Planter Display Frustration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/2/2019 07:48 (#7471641 - in reply to #7471558)
Subject: RE: 2600 Running 1790 Planter Display Frustration

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
With my Ag Leader system that is working with population and section clutches, there is a menu item that I have checked so the population portion doesn't alarm due to no seed flow in the sections that section control has shut off. Sounds as if this is what you need but may not be available with your combination of equipment.

I too, have seen situations where an error message takes over an entire screen inappropriately. A smaller message would have sufficed and allowed one to work through the situation especially one like this that is understandable.

Concerning the young programmer, A friend of mine purchased a new Deere 7x20 tractor when they first came out with their IVT. It had some strange behaviors that the local dealer wasn't familiar with since they were so new. Deere sent out a programmer who had worked with the transmission. My friend said he was a very intelligent young man and genuinely concerned about righting the situation. While visiting my friends farm, my friend took the young man around and showed him various tasks and areas where the transmissions behavior could be changed to make it more useful. He said the young man had said that he was not aware of how the tractors were being used and so these special situations that we think of as routine were unknown to him.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)