AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replacement software for Timble AgGPS EZ map
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

k_m_coors
Posted 4/30/2019 18:58 (#7468381)
Subject: Replacement software for Timble AgGPS EZ map

Looking for new mobile software that compares to Trimble's AgGPS EZ-map. The main portion I am looking for is the list of different points, lines, and polygons that I can choose from at the bottom of the screen. I do farm drainage, and use the options along the bottom to take points on the ends of my laterals, to mark the connections (12" to 4" connection, 10" to 4" connection, 8" to 4" connections, etc.....) as well as reducers on tile, old plastic, clay, cement 4" tile or mains and many other things. In EZ map, I have a different button for each different point that creates a different point file for each one of these. I have attached a screen shot of a map with a couple buttons across the bottom. I really like the program for what I am doing, it allows me to get a lot of information on my map and its easy to read on the mobile screen as each point has different icon.

My worry is that it is for the windows mobile system, and as far as I can tell, it looks like that OS is done with, or will be really soon. I'd like to find something similar that runs on windows 10 or even an android or I pad tablet would be a possibility. Idealy the trimble ranger 7. Doesn't have to be trimble software. I looked at farmworks a while back, and they had a pick list that i could add properties to each point, but I had to click point, then select my point property for every point I take, sometime 200+ points in one field. I also believe each and every point was the same color on the screen no matter what properties I add to the point. That would make it hard to come back years later and make sense of the map on my handheld screen. If every point on the screen is the same color and shape, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Old Clay tile and new 8" to 4" connections.

I also do not want to drive up and down every tile string and map them individually. That is too time consuming and I can not drive up and down every old clay tile I find as I don't have many of them located all the way across the field.

In the map I have attached, I have many different points including 6X4 connections, 4" ends, 4" points on a couple curves, a few existing 4" plastic tile, a pair of gas lines, and a couple telephone line. I can tell which is which just by the different points on my maps... that's what i am looking for.

Thank you in advance! I know i'm asking for a pretty specific program, but I thought I would ask

Edited by k_m_coors 4/30/2019 19:06

(IMG_0097 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0097 (full).jpeg (252KB - 62 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)