AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field Edge Guidance Lines Pro700/Agleader SMS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cnhAG1
Posted 4/29/2019 14:15 (#7465625)
Subject: Field Edge Guidance Lines Pro700/Agleader SMS

North Central IL
I post this hoping to get some insight but mostly to save someone the same headache.

I took it upon myself to map the edges of all my corn fields this year so I could create guidance lines for each edge to help out the planter and Field cultivator guys. Also wanted to create the straight lines as well so none needed to be created. I rigged up my Ranger with an old Pro600 and my RTK receiver. Put a stick off the side, got all the GPS offsets right, then drove my happy ass around all the fields mapping RTK boundaries. Ridding job, my favorite.

I then brought all the boundaries into Agleader SMS and used the Guidance creation tools to create my lines. I made straight lines where I could, but many are curve types due to roads not straight, etc. They looked sweet on SMS, I made like 270 lines, exported them, brought them into the monitors (Pro700s). Life is good.

First field I engage on a curved line. Looks good at first, then all of the sudden the tractor swings left then right, then left again, WTF? Most of the curves had spots where the messed up.

I look at my lines again on SMS and I see that the SMS guidance editor puts points very close together which is what is causing my problem. The Nav is trying to map a line that goes through each point and it gets unstable when they are too close together. I tested my theory by deleting a bunch of the intermediate points in the swath lines on SMS. They worked much better, but now I have to go back and delete points from 260 ish lines. Its raining anyway but damn...

I am tempted to record the curves on the Ranger and just shift them in SMS when I do the second half of the fields next year. Anyone have any experience with this, other than "use your markers wussy"?

(Guidance Points too close (full).PNG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Guidance Points too close (full).PNG (68KB - 70 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)