AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez guide ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dirtfarmer1000
Posted 5/3/2019 07:25 (#7473620 - in reply to #7453639)
Subject: RE: Ez guide ?

Alberta
I am a big fan of trimble monitors, not a fan of their support. I have 3, 500s, and now an fm 100 and an rtk base . If you can afford it, a 750 is probably the easiest to setup and best bang for your buck. I would suggest ez steer with the monitor, especially for spraying. I had the same thoughts as you the first year and only purchased the monitor, next year I got the full steering system. you will spend more time watching your monitor without the steering and less time watching boom heights. a few years after the steering, I installed the ez boom. Much less driver stress, I don't know how for the price to upgrade to a used system, anyone can afford not to purchase one. with steering and boom control on a spray, and 50 bucks an acre for chem, they pay for themselves in a few years. 5 percent overlap on 1000 acres at 50 bucks is 2500/year. I like the fact they are easy to transfer from unit to unit. I keep cables in each unit and just transfer the monitor, ez steer and controller. if you move the controller around, you have to go through the controller roll calibration after you move it. the 500s are still good monitors, I have 1000s of hour on them and I think the first one was purchased in 09. I have done all my own setup, and trimble has very good support for manuals of products, cabling, quick starts etc, they just suck at being able to talk or email a tech, because they expect you to go through a dealer. used to be lots of 500 monitors for sale in the $500 to $1000 range, ez booms for $750 and ez steers for $1000 to 1500. Ebay was my fav place, there is a marketplace on here that you may be able to put a WTB ad. I do all my own setups through reading and research, as well as modified cables to save myself a couple hundred bucks. Hope this helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)