AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Overhangs on a machine shed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

palennn
Posted 4/22/2019 19:24 (#7453568 - in reply to #7452452)
Subject: RE: Overhangs on a machine shed?

North Central Kansas
jcolli140 - 4/22/2019 05:45

When i bought my place, the only thing there was a house, a little barn that i tore down right away and a little 30 by 40 shed. The previous owners didnt think about water and i have 2 sump pumps that run constantly. When i built my cattle shed i put it up on higher ground and hauled in 5 feet of fill so it is high and dry. Reshaped the one side of the hill so there is never water even close to the shed. I hate water standing and have designed all ny future plans to accommodate the 100 year rains. When the county redid a road just north of me i got them to haul a ton of old base to my place which is mostly clay and gravel so i have a mountain of fill for my future projects. My parents place was built without consideration of water and it drives me nuts. I put all my posts for my cattle shed on top of a 4" concrete wall, and the posts for this shed will have permacolumns. I will never put a wood post in the ground if i can help it.

That "ton of old base" must be figurative rather than literal because a ton wouldn't make much of a " mountain" :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)