AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fertigation equipment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

dalobe01
Posted 4/15/2019 17:30 (#7441182 - in reply to #7440862)
Subject: RE: Fertigation equipment

David Loberg Northeast Nebraska
I used to run the John Blue pumps from Agspray, I have since went to the agri-inject pumps from them. Diaphragm pumps are the way to go. The piston pumps if they get ran dry will score the o rings in the pump shortly, and then they leak/don't pump accurately. On the John Blue units I also had a lot of issues with the linkage from the gearbox to the pump. The thing I like about the agri-inject units are the built in carrying base, it makes it handy when setting up, and also having a on/off switch on the unit to turn pump on and off without shutting pivot down. Run the high flow injectors from Agspray, I believe they are yellow, with a 1/2 mpt connection. Then put a 3/4 male camlock nipple on it. Then on your pump hose have your female camlock. It makes hooking up a 10 second process. Also can put a plug in the hose then, keep from getting fertilizer all over when switching units. I generally am pumping decent volumes, on a minute long calibration run I'll have 90-120 oz, so the tube calibrations aren't the best for me, that and they seem to get smacked etc a lot when moving around, we have one on our chemical injection unit. I just have an injector with a piece of hose over it so it doesn't spray all over. I'll snap it on the pump, and run it into a gallon measuring pitcher. Make sure pumping the right amount, then will switch over to the inline injector.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)