AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-500 and EZ-Boom questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Cran-g
Posted 4/13/2019 09:46 (#7436956)
Subject: EZ-500 and EZ-Boom questions

Central Iowa

Have a new to me sprayer with 60' booms and 4 15' sections.  Will be using an EZ-500 and EZ-Boom to control sprayer and automatic on/off.  Sprayer can spray 30' with the outer booms folded up.  This allows us to follow the planter(12 row).  Plan is to spray 12 rows around the outside of the field, then 18 rows the 2nd time around(End rows as well).  This keeps you on the path of the planter.  We only plant 24 end-rows so 15' feet will be across the row, hence the need for auto on/off(no,we don't want more end-rows).

I am new to GPS and have downloaded the manuals for EZ-500 and EZ-Boom and have read them.  They don't seem to go into much detail, even though there is more than 100 pages.

First question - If you are spraying less than full width, does the EZ-500 map full width or what is being sprayed?

2nd question is on waterways, which we have many.  Normally, we plant into and out of them(not along side them).  On many, I could drive down the waterway and spray one section width on the crop.  How do you then mark the waterway, so that it does not get sprayed?

I'm sure I will have more questions as I start using this and appreciate any help.  If there is a better way to learn how to use these, I am all ears.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)