AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 460 and EZ Boom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Stick-eye
Posted 2/12/2009 08:59 (#605986 - in reply to #605957)
Subject: RE: My experience

NEND
I run a 500 with ez boom on a Summmers Ultimate with a Raven 450 control. It was very simple to install and calibrate. The Y harness connects right up into the existing harness and things worked very well. I did run into an instance where I needed to spray and didn't have the 500 installed and all I had to do was remove the Y and connect the original harness to the 450, no problem. I did have problems with the boundry/headland feature. When you came back to a field previously sprayed that season and used the same guidance lines stored in the 500 the unit would think that you outside boom was outside of the application area and would shut it off. You would have to turn on the switch for that boom on the 450 to override the ez-boom, but application area would incorrect on the 500 because it thouhght it was off. Kind of a pain in the ass but I put up with it. Other problem is sloughs or water ways/drainage ditches. You cant establish a headland around them because the ez-boom will only let you spray inside headlands and sprayer wont turn on when you start down the field. And if you just make a round around what ever you dont want sprayed you have to turn off the master to ensure that if the boom goes into the area that should not be sprayed that it doesn't turn on, but make sure to hit the master again after the turn or your going to be backing up. There were some definate flaws but I really liked the system and think it should get better with the updates.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)