AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

starting web site
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 2/11/2009 15:42 (#605183 - in reply to #605124)
Subject: Re: starting web site

roaming
as dpilot83 said, this can be a very straightforward process, or can be complex, depending on what you want from the website, how much time/effort/money you want to put into it, and how many resources you have available (i.e. willing & able volunteers from the congregation (not always the best plan, but can certainly work), webspace from your regional organization if you have one (may come with certain strings attached), $$$, etc.)

Before you go very far down the road, your church needs to decide exactly what they want the website to do for them. Who is the target audience? Current members? Prospective members? Youth? Older adults? What kind of information do you want on the site? Will it pretty much be a "brochure" that only changes when you get a new pastor :-), or do you want to be able to update it daily/weekly/etc. with upcoming events, news, photos, blogs, etc.?

Once you know what you want the site to do for you, you'll be much better prepared to start putting the site together, whether you do it internally or externally.

Feel free to email me (address in my profile) if you would like more information.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)