AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPad for climate view
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/28/2019 10:58 (#7406162 - in reply to #7402932)
Subject: RE: iPad for climate view

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I got an iPad Pro through Verizon exactly two years ago. I suckered in on their installement plan and it is now paid off as my latest bill was considerably less. I use mine with Ag Leader's Ag Finiti program. My data is transferred from my InCommand 1200's wirelessly to the iPad. Each InCommand is setup as an Access Point. The iPad recognizes this as WiFi and communication takes place between the two devices. I do not have the Ag Finiti license for using their cloud.

When I decided to get the iPad, I was concerned about how much memory I should get. No one really had an answer. The gal at Verizon handed me an iPad and said "just download the App" to see if it will fit. The app loaded nicely and appeared to work. The gal said "get whatever size memory you want, it will work on any of them. I tried to explain that large amounts of data are used within the App. She said that wouldn't matter. I said I felt it would be similar to wanting to save lots of pictures and/or music. She said "no that's different".

I forget the memory sizes that were available. I think the choices may have been 64, 128 or 256. Of course ,the price increased with the memory size. I was going to go with 128 but noticed doubling to 256 wasn't much more money so I went with 256.. After using it for a while and loading it up with 2000 or so songs and pictures as well as the farming data, I have used very little of my memory but it is there if I should need it.

I had the choice of screen sizes as well. I thought the largest would be a bit clumsy so I went with 9.7" which I've been happy with. Climate View probably behaves differently. I would think a PP dealer should have a good idea of what memory choice is sufficient.

I got an Otterbox case for mine. It has a removable cover that can be used as a stand on a desk. The local PP dealer is my seed dealer and I asked them about how people were mounting iPads in their tractors. He gave me a stand that they have which works nicely. It is a spring loaded affair with clips that go over the iPad even with the Otterbox installed. It is a ram mount type and I was able to bolt it in the monitor bracket I have in the planter tractor.

Edited by tedbear 3/28/2019 11:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)