AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cable from JD resume switch to Nav II
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/24/2019 08:58 (#7398166 - in reply to #7393094)
Subject: RE: Cable from JD resume switch to Nav II

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Delta_Grow - 3/21/2019 11:09

It should be the green connector on the main octopus harness. Pins 2 and 7. use a momentary switch. and just two wires to the switch. He cant use the factory john deere engage switch. he has to add one.

That is my opinion as well. On one of my tractors it was necessary to add a switch. Since there were no unused blanks in the Command Arm a momentary rocker switch was installed in a small plastic box which was attached to the right side of the Command Arm with double faced tape. The momentary switch was connected to Pins 2 & 7 as indicated above.

On my newest tractor the auto steer (Ag Leader SteerCommand) uses the Deere CAN system. With that tractor the Deere Steer Switch is used but that works through the tractor itself and is a different situation.

I had problems with reliably engaging my first season. Turns out the Deere switch was sticky. I suspect that might have been due to Soda Pop being spilled in that area when the tractor was used by the local vegetable factory prior to my purchase.

The Deere switch is a double throw switch in that when the button is released contact is made to another circuit for safety. Upon digging into the diagnostics it was discovered that the switch was not reliably returning to the center position. Thus the system would not engage the next time from a safety standpoint. The switch has several connections on it and repurposing some of them will likely lead to error codes. The switch is quite expensive and you don't want to mess it up. Using the external switch box or finding another spot in the Command Arm would be a better approach.

Edited by tedbear 3/24/2019 09:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)