AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about ready mix plant.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dougkleiss
Posted 3/17/2019 16:58 (#7385796 - in reply to #7385061)
Subject: RE: Question about ready mix plant.

40 miles North of Waterloo Ia
I started to make my own concrete 11 years ago. My friend and concrete contractor that poured our Dairy had put up his own plant 2 years before, after we built the Dairy, the Dairy’s concrete came from Shroeder Concrete. Croell had bought out Shroeder so my friend put up his own plant. You folks have to know that Croell started 9 miles from me back in the late 60’s. Croell caused my friends divorce and his ex got the better lawyer, she sold the plant to Croell, He sold out the contacting business and we were putting up a calf barn, separated solids building and I built a new house. Only place to get Concrete was guess who? Nobody else will come into our county, that’s a whole nother story. I found a little plant in Des Moines and mounted it on a trailer house frame to weigh the rock and sand, we had a hopper to dump the powder in from bags. That did’nt work real good. After 1 years of that I got a 15 ton Schuld bulk bin that had the 4 inch blower pipe on it, It was made for feed mineral I think. I put weigh bars under the tank and put an 8 inch gear reduction auger on it that augers it into the truck while the rock and sand are going in, you have to watch the scale to shut off the powder. The water meter is a 2 inch battery powered lik you use to fill your sprayer. 5 years ago I took an old 4500 gal SS tank that I did not need at the Dairy for plenty of water storage. You can get your add mixes from suppliers pretty easy buy the product, they let you have pumps and meters. Make sure you get add mixes. I used to have to go to Des Moines to get Bulk Powder, but I now can go to Mason City, I can not post the reason. I can mix 50 yard an hour, Can’ do the real good jobs. I get a lot of customers that do not like Croell and Get from me. Some folks get my price and then call Croell and save a lot. I wish those folks would a least drop of a 30 pack. The only permit you need is a dust permit, they are free in Iowa. Croell wanted to buy me out back in December but I wanted more than they wanted to give. I am gone with the Grandkids but if someone wants pics email in profile. I forgot to say that all my trucks were bought on auction, and seems like they always need tinkering
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)