AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9000 CIH Steiger AC question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 3/14/2019 21:36 (#7381232 - in reply to #7381017)
Subject: RE: 9000 CIH Steiger AC question

560man - 3/14/2019 19:31

1586 - 3/14/2019 19:08

Can hear the click when you turn the ignition on. Just no change with the switch. Was looking for ideas to check tomorrow. Just ran it for the first time since it was 65 here. As mentioned will check the switch tomorrow. Think it’s where it’s at but???

I would pull the control out of the dash far enough to unplug the wires on the back of the AC control knob. If the clutch doesn't click on then that switch was your problem. Switch is about 70 bucks i think from Case and is a little tricky to install since you have to feed the thermocouple through the firewall to the evaporator.

If that doesn't solve it, I would guess it would have to be a stuck relay. Relays are a simple plug in type, I don't recall if the AC relay is up in the roof, or if it is in the HVAC box on the front of the cab.

Had intermittent trouble with A.C. clutch NOT turning on on our 9380. Replaced control switch, still failed randomly, finally found bad wire in harness at left rear corner of 855 engine. Simple fix, but frustrating to find. Doesn't seem likely to be your problem since your clutch stays on all the time.

Thanks for the heads up. I looked the switch up and wondered if that was the case. I put a new pump and lines on a 9250 at one time but never have had issues like this with the 9230, 9270, 9250 that I had over the years. The versatiles are good for wire issues on the engine area. They run through.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)