AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

multi products with agleader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/14/2019 14:59 (#7380373 - in reply to #7380257)
Subject: RE: multi products with agleader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
For a time there was a problem when switching products midfield as far as auto swath was concerned. If you sprayed the headlands and part of the field with Mix "A" everything worked fine. If you switched to Mix "B" then auto swath would not shut off your booms properly when entering the headlands as they were sprayed with Mix "A".

One way around this was to spray the entire field with a Mix "AB". Then auto swath would work as you desire. You could use the region feature to mark the areas that were Product A and the others that were Product B. This did work but was not the most desirable for product recordkeeping. It appears that this is what you are doing.

Some years ago, Ag Leader came out with a method that helps in many cases. You would spray the first part of the field with Mix "A". This might include the headlands and some parts of the field. When you switch to Mix "B" there is a way to tell the system to also watch the map that was already created for Product A. Then auto swath will shut off whenever the rig is over either Product A or Product B (the current product). This could work for you if you created a Mix-No Atrazine and another Mix-with Atrazine. Each mix would have its own recipe, auto swath and the recordkeeping should work out properly.

If you were going to use three products, it gets tricky but might still work. Spray as indicated above but when you switch to Mix C, you tell the system to still watch for Mix A. That way auto swath would shut off for the ends. If you accidently drove back over the area sprayed with Mix B, auto swath would allow the booms to come on. That doesn't seem too likely to happen.

You may be correct about setting up a mixture and then leaving out one of the components for certain batches. I have not explored that route. That might work well for you as your master mix could include the Atrazine and the system might allow you to uncheck Atrazine for certain batches.

I think I would still prefer having two separate mixes each with a distinctive name and using the idea of using the first one as a reference when spraying the second so auto swath works properly. The maps would then clearly show which product was applied in which area. I'm not sure how the maps would be handled if you were allowed to leave a product out for some batches.

Edited by tedbear 3/14/2019 15:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)