AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone have a picture of how they mounted there hudson water valve to top of poly tank?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/14/2019 14:37 (#7380336 - in reply to #7380127)
Subject: RE: Does anyone have a picture of how they mounted there hudson water valve to top of poly tank?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
bmatteson - 3/14/2019 12:40

I don’t have pictures, but I have valves in a couple tanks. I mounted a 1” bung in both of them. In one tank I mounted it in the lid because there wasn’t a level place in the top of the tank. The other tank has a level enough spot to mount it. I put a short piece of 1” poly pipe on the bottom of the bung to position the valve down inside the tank a bit. On top of the bung, I put a 1” elbow and adaptor to hook up a garden hose.

That's basically what I did, I drilled a hole in the lid and used a bung fitting. I screwed in a fairly long plastic nipple so the Hudson is down in the tank a bit. I have a street elbow on top and made a hose to reach the hydrant out of 1" rubber. The 1" rubber should flow better than a regular garden hose.

I have two vertical tanks beside each other in an older shed but only one Hudson. I have them coupled together at their outlets with a 2" hose that uses quick couplers and hand valves. Generally I have the valves open so both tanks fill and empty together. This works out well as I have a large quantity of ambient temperature water available. Since its inside a shed, I don't have algae problems. I really have no problem with water quality and anything bad settles to the bottom. We do uncouple the tanks and rinse them once a year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)