AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kubota M7 AutoSteer Problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KSDavid
Posted 4/3/2019 10:47 (#7417901 - in reply to #7378499)
Subject: RE: Kubota M7 AutoSteer Problems

Central KS
Not sure if this will help you or not, but I had a remotely similar issue in my M7 with Trimble CFX-750 and Nav Controller running the factory steering valve over CAN.
The system would immediately kick off the steering once engaged, giving me the message "manual override detected".
I cycled the factory Kubota autosteering switch on the right hand panel next to the field/road switch. I was then able to engage the steering.
I think the problem had something to do with a safety in the Kubota system. When I left the yard to head to the field I powered on the Trimble monitor and turned on the Kubota autosteering switch. Going down the road I got an alert (on the Kubota monitor) that my speed was too high for autosteering. My guess is that alert disabled the autosteer engagement when I got to the field. Cycling the switch seemed to clear the warning and enabled the autosteer. In the future I will wait to turn on the Kubota switch until I get to the field and will no longer be traveling at road speeds.
I hope this helps. I do agree that more torque on the steering wheel should be required to "kick off" the steering but just for reference ours has no discernible "break free" point, it just seems to require a degree or two of turn.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)