AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds (5) | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Steer Command Deere 8310 question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format
Posted 3/13/2019 09:22 (#7377388 - in reply to #7377265)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Steer Command Deere 8310 question

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
We have one on an 8310 also. This was done several years ago so my memory may be incorrect. The tractor is on another farm. We would have had to do something very similar with an 8120 that used external valves also.

I believe on those tractors that we temporarily removed the Deere extension that leads to their coupler. This is a fairly long hollow hex affair that extends the coupler back further. I believe the threads in the tractor require using the genuine Deere part.

I believe we drilled a hole in one of the hex sides and tapped it to accept a fitting of some type. This made a Tee of sorts where the hose from the steering valve could be attached. Picking the proper hex side might have been important.

I'm thinking we may have marked the hex side that was in the best location before we removed it. Then the hole and fitting would be in a convenient location when we reinstalled it.

Both the 8120 and then the 8310 were originally setup with external steering valves. The 8120 has ILS so the steering valve is different. Both tractors used a Trimble Nav II to work with these valves. The 8120 had a Steering unlocked Insight and the 8310 used a Trimble 750 as displays. A couple of years ago, Ag Leader came out with a trade up program. At that time, I traded in the Insight, 750 and both Nav IIs toward two InCommand 1200's with SteerCommand. The steering valves and plumbing did not need to be changed.

Both tractors steered well with both systems. My installer made a custom bracket for the steering angle sensor that is needed with Steer Command. His bracket seemed "cleaner" than the one supplied by Ag Leader. Prior to this each tractor had an auto sense module. Really the only problem I had with them was the auto sense stub cable. I really never like the user interface of the Trimble 750 but it did work. We made no attempt at saving AB lines with it and just created a new one for every field.

Edited by tedbear 3/13/2019 15:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)