AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Puff33m moven up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

puff33m
Posted 3/12/2019 19:38 (#7376364 - in reply to #7373496)
Subject: RE: Puff33m moven up

N FLA
Hey Tim. Been going great here. I think I probably have about 80 breeding age cows or heifers. I didn't really buy any cattle last fall. It seems like a lot of things we're going against it, no time to go to the market, the wrong feed for thins, poor results the previous year, low number of cattle selling locally, not enough cash, low purchase price= low sale price= low price roll-up, etc. Even what I did buy I'm not sure were good buys. It just really seems like this area has culled so hard the last few years that there are fewer opportunities than what I saw a couple years ago. But I don't know. I kept about 20 heifers to breed, and have been calving the 14 heifers from the year before, and everything is just going well.

Everything is working right now. Biggest hurdle appears to be interest payments. That may be what makes me cash in my chips. My cost of money is high and I'm still paying on peanut farming losses from 2015. I keep the interest current but that's all I've been able to do with it.

Moving all my cattle to summer grass on Friday. Be able to coast for a few months after that.

Thanks for asking
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)