AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey 1156 Versatile, how about an update?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

1156versatile
Posted 3/5/2019 20:34 (#7361519 - in reply to #7360253)
Subject: RE: Hey 1156 Versatile, how about an update?

Strathcona, mn
Ok, since you asked.... lol. It’s been 11 days, spent 4 in the hospital. Pain was not fun for the first 4-5 days at all. I have some pretty stout pain meds. I haven’t taken any pain pills today at all and only 1-2 since Friday/Saturday. So, pain is about gone, more just discomfort at times now. Other than the trip home from the hospital I hadn’t been outside until yesterday. My wife got me a nylon strap to go around door at the top of the window and a handle to put in the door hook of a vehicle. Both failed epically yesterday when I tried to get into her Yukon out of my wheelchair, down I crashed... both rated for 350# each. My employee made an agtalk approved version of a handle out of a 6” long 3/4” bolt and a chunk of rod. Some electrical tape on th handle area and good to go. The snap broke on the nylon handle so I just tied it together. I can finally get into a vehicle now! Yesterday we went to our boys last wrestling practice at school. For a guy that is outside every day of his life 9 days indoors is like being in a prison cell. I’ve been working on some farm logistics.... it will be interesting to see what we come up with. Planting could get interesting.... trucking has come to a hault. I need to get 30-40 loads out yet, not sure how I’ll bet that done. My employee has been great! He has been a huge help.... I’d be lost without him. Kids are off Thursday and Friday from school. We are headed to the fish house tomorrow evening. I haven’t been there in 2 weeks. It wasn’t designed to be but it is amazingly handicap accessible. All in all, things could be much worse. Hopefully just a speed bump in the grand picture. Spring will be tough but hopefully I can mitigate most of the problems before hand. Sorry for being long winded... have another appointment on March 12th with ortho surgeon. Fingers crossed both bones are set well, if so no more surgery needed, if not could get more interesting. To everyone, thanks for the wishes and prayers. The older I get the more I believe the big guy in the sky has a plan and listens to us through prayer. Best wishes to all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)