AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Response to battery charger question earlier
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hey22
Posted 2/23/2019 13:46 (#7339157)
Subject: Response to battery charger question earlier

Southern MN
An earlier post asked about recommendations on battery chargers. https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=837263&posts=2... I had the same question last summer and have a lengthy description of my experience, so thought I'd continue the thread here.

When I asked for recommendations last summer, one of the responders said he was ready to order a Rizk National charger until he googled reviews of the company and decided against it. So I looked up reviews too, and should have been warned. But there were some positive reviews also (just as there are those on here that have had good experience with RN) and I wanted one "Made in America". So I ordered one. A week later I called the company to check on the status of my order and was told that they were waiting for some parts and that it would be shipped the next week. After another week, I called and was told that because of heavy rains, all of their personnel weren't able to make it in to help with shipping. But it would be shipped the next week. I requested a refund, but he refused and insisted that it would be shipped right away. After more delays and requests for a refund and being told it was being shipped, I finally did receive it a month after the order was placed. All conversations were made with the owner of the company (Ernie?). If someone other than him answered the phone, they were not authorized to help me. If I called in the morning, he would tell me he would look into it and call me back. But he wouldn't. So I would call him back in the afternoon and he would tell me everyone has left for the day and he would have to call me back tomorrow. But he wouldn't.

When we finally received the charger, I was extremely disappointed with the quality. Ernie blamed it on the shipping company, and he was only partly right. My unit had a pocket on the front that was that was not attached straight. Same thing with the main shell. We sent pictures of it using a square to demonstrate our concerns to the company. I paid for American made, but received one that appeared to be made in China. Since placing the order, I had made over 20 phone calls to the company. He said they would pick up the unit and send another one. I was adamant that they not send another unit, but refund my money instead. He told me the return process could take a week because it needed to go through different departments, but he would contact UPS to have it picked up. I requested he notify me when he made the arrangement for pick up. But he didn't. A week later it still had not been picked up and he expressed "surprise" when I called him about it. So he said he would contact UPS "again". The unit was finally picked up, but Ernie reneged on his promise to refund my money and wanted to send another unit instead. He kept insisting that all of the problems were due to the shipping company. While some damage did occur from shipping, ultimately he needed to package it better, and that was only part of the quality problems.

Fortunately, I had documentation on the phone calls placed to the company. This ultimately helped bring conclusion to the fiasco, with a refund of my money.

After the refund, I ordered an Associated charger that seems to be much higher quality. For starters, they packaged it with foam to protect it. I haven't needed to use it much yet, so the jury is still out on it. We reach for the Noco jump pack for a quick start and the Allied charger for bringing the battery up to snuff.

Long story short, if you're thinking of getting an RN charger, check the reviews online and then decide. https://www.yelp.com/biz/rizk-national-industries-warren?adjust_crea...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)